Head Coach Vacancy
Applications are now open for the position of Head Coach for Tennis Pakuranga, one of the largest and busiest tennis clubs in Auckland.
Position Description: The Head Coach is responsible for coaching programme development, managing and mentoring coaching staff and supporting club members in their tennis. The position requires active participation in member satisfaction and in club innovation and growth strategies.
Reports to: the Club Committee, through the President.
Duties and Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supply, manage and develop sufficient assistant coaches to help cover the coaching requirements.
- Manage junior and intermediate coaching, oorganise junior club championships and help select junior teams for interclub.
- Implement the coaching program for all interclub teams.
- Promote and increase participation in interclub and in coaching programs, working at developing players of all ages and at all levels.
- Provide group and individual coaching sessions as requested.
- Provide reports, written and verbal, as requested by the Club Committee, and timely and accurate invoices.
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate coaching qualification and/or demonstrated expertise and experience in tennis coaching.
- A desire to succeed and to support others to succeed, matched with a passion for tennis.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- An open, approachable and friendly demeanour, able to welcome members of varying cultures, languages and backgrounds, with an understanding of, or willingness to learn about, the cultural needs of our members.
- Ability to increase memberships through sales, networks and reputation.
- Good administration skills appropriate for the position and a good understanding of Health and Safety, Human Resources and other relevant legislation.
- A police check, driver’s license and First Aid Certificate are essential.
Please send your application and CV to:
Jenny Richardson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: October 20th 2023