National Administrator – Tennis New Zealand Seniors
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Administrator for Tennis New Zealand Seniors. This position is on a contract basis, and you will be able to work from home as it is a National organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven background in administration
- A knowledge of the sport of tennis
- Can-do attitude and excellent interpersonal and time management skills
A brief detailed job description can be found on the Tennis Seniors website: www.tennisseniors.kiwi
How to Apply
If interested, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Tennis NZ Seniors, Dawn Morrison (MNZM)
Tennis Seniors, PO Box 31 714, Milford, Auckland 0741
Applications close 31st August 2022
Pt Chevalier Tennis Club
Game, Set… Match.
The Point Chevalier Tennis Club is looking for a new Club Manager for the 2022/23 season and beyond with the role commencing 1 September. Established in 1928, the Club prides itself on being an inclusive friendly Club catering for all ages and playing levels. The Club has a thriving membership base, well managed facilities, coaching and pro-shop services in a great location in the heart of Pt Chev. The Club Manager is a contract role with day-to-day responsibility for management of Club operations and actively growing revenue from all sources. As manager you will often be the first point of contact for the Club. To be successful you need to be vibrant with a pleasant and engaging personality, reliable, hardworking, a quick learner and good at multi-tasking.
General Responsibilities include:
- Membership enquiries and advising on playing facilities and coaching options.
- Delivering the junior coaching offering in conjunction with the Club’s committee and Head Coach – Sergey Ivanov.
- Promotional and marketing activities including Love Tennis, third party usage of the facilities and events.
- Club communications across media channels.
- Managing Court bookings and liaison with Auckland Tennis.
- Facilities management and contractor co-ordination liaising with the Club’s committee.
- Committee secretarial services.
- Previous experience in sports or cultural clubs or business management and administration is desirable.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be pragmatic, proactive and resourceful when issues arise.
- Excellent organisational, time-management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet needs of the role, with season peak times busy with Junior coaching Fri afternoons/evening and Sat mornings.
Contract Hours / Pay:
- 20 hours p/w for 12 weeks covering season opening peak during September and October and end of season activities during March.
- 10 hours p/w for the remaining 40 weeks.
- Market hourly rates adjusted for skills and experience level of the applicant.
If you think you have what it takes to hit a clean winner in this role, please forward your CV along with a short covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in confidence.