Tennis Auckland Assistant Interclub and Competition Administrator
Tennis Auckland is seeking to engage a person to assist with organising and managing our domestic interclub and indoor competitions. This position is likely to be a part time fixed term (12 months) contract that may also suit an independent contractor. The successful candidate will be based at the Tennis Auckland office at 46K Stanley St, Auckland.
Tennis Auckland is the largest tennis region in New Zealand with 52 member clubs and nearly 10,000 club members. Our competitions run throughout the year and we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and reliable person to become part of our interclub operations team.
Working hours as per business requirements but will generally range from between 10-30 per week.
The job involves the following tasks:
- Assist the Interclub Administrator to plan and organise senior, junior and midweek tennis competitions including our premier Scarbro Caro Bowl competition
- Assist the Interclub Administrator to plan and organise all Ladies Indoor and Business House Competitions
- Assist with the administration of these events
- Assist with the organisation of season debriefs and award ceremonies
- Build and maintain relationships with our key interclub stakeholders
- Assist with the payment and collection of entry fees
- Sit on the Tennis Auckland Interclub Committee
- Assist with other administrative tasks for the domestic operations team as required
- Involvement with and working at the ASB Classic
Candidates must possess strong organisational, planning and administration skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively and fit into a team environment. Computer skills are essential and some experience in marketing or the use of social media would be of value but is not essential. Knowledge of tennis or experience with the administration of sporting competitions is preferable but not essential. Building relationships with sports club volunteers is an integral part of this role.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity then please send a letter of application and CV to:
Applications close: 5pm Monday 13th February 2017