Tennis Auckland is seeking to employ a part time person to assist with organising and managing our domestic interclub and indoor competitions. The successful candidate will be based at the Tennis Auckland office at the Scarbro Tennis Centre, Merton Rd, Glen Innes.
Tennis Auckland is the largest tennis region in New Zealand with 53 member clubs and nearly 10,000 club members. Our competitions run throughout the year and we are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and reliable person to become part of our interclub operations team.
Working hours as per business requirements but will generally range from between 10-30 per week for up to 44 weeks of the year.
The job involves the following tasks:
Assist the Interclub Controller to plan and organise senior, junior and midweek tennis competitions including our premier Scarbro Caro Bowl competition
- Assist the Interclub Controller to plan and organise all Ladies Indoor and Business House Competitions
- Assist with the organisation of season debriefs and award ceremonies
- Build and maintain relationships with our key interclub stakeholders
- Assist with the payment and collection of entry fees
- Sit on the Tennis Auckland Interclub Committee
- Assist with other administrative tasks for the domestic operations team as required
Candidates must possess strong organisational, planning and presentation skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively and fit into a team environment. Computer skills are essential and experience in marketing and the use of social media is desired. Knowledge of tennis or experience with the administration of sporting competitions is preferable but not essential.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity then please send a letter of application and CV to:
Applications close: 5pm 22nd August 2014