Club Coach Position
Sunnyhills Tennis Club was established 50 years ago, on land donated by the Fisher Family. Situated next to the Tamaki Estuary in a quiet, family orientated community.
A small privately owned club held by its members with six newly refurbished Astroturf courts, the club has a strong presence in the Auckland Tennis Competitions. Winning Junior, Senior and Club of the Year in 2013. We aim to provide the best environment and opportunities that we can for our members, especially our juniors.
SHTC has had great success with our Senior, Mid-Week, Junior, Junior Caro Bowl (runners-up 2014/15) and our Women’s Caro Bowl Team (runners-up 2012, champions 2013 & 2014).
Supported by a competent main committee and junior conveners, the successful coach will have many opportunities to develop and enrich the existing programs, while being able to implement their own ideas.
Current NZ work visa, residency or citizenship
Minimum 3 years experience coaching
- High level of professionalism and enthusiasm
- Possessing a high level of technical expertise
- Ability to work closely with key club contacts and committee
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact with parents
- Energetic, encouraging and offer a strong presence at the club
Club coaching requirements
- Development of junior coaching programme and other initiatives as demand requires
- Organisation and supervision of coaches and assistant coaches to run our junior coaching programme (currently minimum 12hours per week in summer season).
- Private and squad coaching for both seniors and juniors
- Beginner to Advanced Development squads
- Saturday morning coaching
- Develop interclub teams and other representative teams.
- Holiday programmes