Club Coach- Orakei Tennis Club (OTC)
Orakei Tennis Club is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Coach to assist in building the clubs’
membership across all levels, together with developing strong training programs at the club.
OTC is located at the top of the Orakei ridge on Kupe Street, with spectacular views to the harbour. The club facilities include seven flood lit courts, with five astro and two plexi pave surfaces and club house facilities with a current membership of circa 200.
· Promote the club and actively encourage membership & participation in club activities
· Engage with local schools to encourage children in the club’s tennis program
· Set up and run the club’s junior Tennis HOT SHOTS program
· Assist with the co–ordination of the interclub teams and club nights for Juniors & Seniors
· Establish comprehensive training programs which caters for diverse levels of skill
· Assist with the organisation and running of club competitions
· Attend monthly committee meetings
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Deliver fun, energetic , engaging & safe sessions for both juniors & seniors
· Experienced in delivering a diverse range of training programs for members and casual players
· Able to clearly communicate to a wide range of age groups, skill levels and nationalities
· Tech savvy
· Excellent communicator
· Well organised on and off the court
· Highly motivated, energetic, well presented and reliable
Qualifications & Experience
· Preferably TNZ Registered
· Registered Tennis HOT SHOTs coach (or willing to obtain registration)
· Ability to coach groups, individuals, run training programs across all levels Juniors – Seniors
To be considered for the position you must be entitled to work in New Zealand, if not TNZ registered, agree to have a Police check and complete a First Aid Course through a recognised organisation.
Rewards: The opportunity to build your own business, reap the rewards to great initiative to build club membership.
To apply email a covering letter together with your CV outlining your experience and suitability to:
email@example.com Applications close: 5.00 pm Tuesday 17th June 2014