Mairangi Bay Tennis Club (MBTC), located in the beautiful East Coast Bays of the North Shore Auckland, is looking for a well-qualified enthusiastic person to fill the position of head coach.
MBTC is one of the largest clubs on the North Shore with a membership of 450-550 over the past several years, approximately 50% whom are juniors. It is in close proximity to a sizable number of primary/middle schools and colleges, as well as the Millennium Centre and its high performance programmes. The club participates significantly in interclub, social, and cardio tennis programmes and is committed to working with the head coach to promote tennis at all levels. MBTC has been voted Tennis Northern club of the year four times in the past ten years and awarded “Top Club for 2013-2014” by Tennis New Zealand.
There are 9 lit, artificial grass courts (Omniturf) supporting year round tennis and coaching opportunities. The clubhouse provides office and retail space (with current stock available for purchase) in addition to several large club rooms. A range of equipment (stringing machine, racquets, on court equipment, gym equipment, etc.) is available for purchase as well.
The head tennis coach will be responsible for developing and implementing effective tennis coaching programmes at all levels of ability, beginners thru to elite, for both juniors and seniors.
They will have extensive club coaching experience and a proven background in developing club coaching programmes at a head coach level. Desired qualifications include:
- Professional tennis coaching qualification of at least level 1, or international equivalent, with level 2 preferred
- Current Coach Registration with Tennis NZ
- 3-5 years of full time coaching; with at least 1-2 years at head coach level preferred
- Experience in setting up, and delivering, comprehensive tennis development programmes for all ages and abilities
- Strong organisational and communications skills serving a diverse constituency
- Have a valid NZ Work Visa, or eligible to receive one
Expressions of interest, including a cover letter and current CV, can be submitted via email to the club manager, email@example.com