Tennis Auckland would like to share with the wider Auckland tennis family, news of a wonderful award that was announced over Queens Birthday Weekend.
As many of you will know, Alan Chester was announced as an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) in the Queens Birthday Honours list for his services to sport.
This is a fantastic acknowledgement for the years of service that Alan has given to the game. While his contributions are too many to cover in one note, these include:
· Many years service to Blockhouse Bay Tennis Club, both as a player and administrator
· Chair of Tennis Auckland from 2004-13
· Integral in the establishment of the Seed Foundation
· Board member of Tennis New Zealand from 2005-2012
· Made a Life Member of Tennis Auckland in 2013
We are sure everybody will agree that this award is fantastic recognition for everything that Alan has contributed to Tennis.
On behalf of everybody in the game we would like to congratulate Alan, his wife Janice and all his family on this very exciting achievement.
Chief Executive Officer