Club Development Manager, Eden Epsom Tennis & Squash Club
Reporting to President
Hours of Work; Part time position (12 months) with some weekend and evening work, flexible hours required. Approx. 25 hours per week.
The key purpose of the Club Development Manager is to develop the awareness and ultimately increase membership numbers of the Harcourts Eden Epsom Club for both tennis and squash membership.
The Club Development Manager will work with club members to improve overall revenues of the club through activities, events and other activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organise a club event every 6 to 8 weeks to increase member participation and
- Continually review membership demographics via the Hawkeye system and other membership systems to analyse any trends both positive and negative
- Work closely with the Administration team with respect to Subscription renewals and ensure ongoing follow-up communications to members that do not renew.
Marketing and communications
- Create and present a sales & marketing plan to achieve the current business goals as outlined by the Club Executive Committee and improve overall community club awareness
- Implement and maintain a clear communications plan using the club communication tools for all activities, events, competitions or other club activities in a timely fashion with compelling “calls to action”.
- Work closely with Club eCommerce experts to improve Club’s online presence
- Undertake a review of the key competitors for both tennis and squash. Present actions to support assertive competitor club intervention to bring members to Eden Epsom, including membership fees comparison and overall product and service comparisons.
- Become the subject matter expert for Health and Safety legislation and ensure that we are compliant at all times
- Become the subject matter expert for Liquor Licence legislation and ensure that we are compliant at all times.
- Maximise revenue opportunities for the lounge and bar area.
- Attend the monthly Executive Committee to provide updates on achievements and outline any issues or support required to further improve the revenues of the Club.
- Manage and increase the pool of volunteers to create engagement and club spirit
- Actively recruit sponsors for tournaments and other events and encourage
on-goinginterest in the club through sponsor evenings and membership opportunities
Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including e.g.:
- Club members and administrators
- Club Executive Committee
- Club coaches
- Local schools and businesses
- Squash New Zealand
- Squash Auckland
- Tennis New Zealand
- Tennis Auckland
- Other Auckland squash and tennis clubs
- Auckland Council
- Sport Auckland
- Funding bodies
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A passion for members and for
provisionof service to achieve member satisfaction.
- A proven ability to organise events and increase participation.
- An ability to effectively manage member, community, contractor and supplier relationships.
- Outstanding communication, networking, reporting and presentation skills.
- High levels of organisational, administrative, planning and reporting skills.
- Computer literacy required with emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A track record of making a positive contribution to a team effort.
- A sound understanding of budgeting, P&L and cash flow management.
- Good customer service skills (listening, communication and mediation skills).
- Knowledge of the Squash and Tennis New Zealand online database systems.
- Sound understanding of squash and tennis and its value to our people and our community.
- Ability to deliver squash and tennis programmes
Interested people should apply with their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 22nd September 2017.