Club Administrator – Cockle Bay Tennis Club
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Cockle Bay Tennis Club is one of the largest tennis clubs in Auckland with over 400 members. Our club enjoys a reputation for being a friendly family-oriented club that caters for social and competitive tennis for all ages. The club has 8 floodlit astrograss courts, new clubrooms, bar, lounges, modern changing facilities, pro-shop and easy off-street parking.
A BRIEF OUTLINE OF YOUR ROLE
We have an opportunity for an experienced Administrator to be the chief administration and information officer for our club. You will provide the link between our members, the management committee and outside agencies. Attention to detail and a positive attitude are essential to the smooth running and growth of our club. The successful individual must be able to prioritise, be process oriented and have excellent verbal communication skills as you will often be the first point of contact for new and existing members.
Key areas of contribution will include:
• Processing of accounts receivables & payables, banking and reconciliation.
• Updating and maintaining membership records, invoicing and providing membership data
• Liaising with the various team captains, organising competition entries and ensuring court bookings and competition results are correctly captured and processed.
• General administration duties including stationery, telephone and email correspondence and ensuring the club’s internal facilities are being left clean and tidy.
• Preparation of information for the club committee meetings.
• Administration of the website including updating with notices and upcoming events.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and/or experience:
• Proven experience in all aspects of accounts.
• Ability to work independently and without supervision is essential.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with new and existing club members, suppliers and our committee
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills are key as is your initiative to improve systems and processes.
• A good level of knowledge with Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint is important. Familiarity and experience with Xero and website management would be a distinct advantage.
• A thorough knowledge and love of tennis would be a distinct advantage
HIGHLIGHTS AND BENEFITS INCLUDE
This is a permanent part time position of approx. 18 hrs per week with some flexibility in regard to how this is worked during the week. The role is based at our facilities on Meadowlands Drive, Howick.
By now you will know if you are the person for this role. If you are then please submit your CV, along with a cover page which includes 3 Statements as to why you are the right person for this role to;
Subject Line: Club Administrator Vacancy
Applications close 5pm, Monday 25th January 2016.
We look forward to hearing from you.