With the announcement that Auckland will be moving to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm pm Tuesday 21 September, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone what this means for tennis in Auckland.
Tennis Auckland Facilities & Activities
- Tennis Auckland facilities (Scarbro Tennis Centre, Manukau Tennis Centre and Nicholson Park) will remain closed
- All coaching, programming and competitions have been cancelled until further notice.
- As we hear more from to government on Alert Levels, Tennis Auckland will advise when each facility will re-open and each activity will restart.
Guidelines for Clubs
- All clubrooms, pro shops, changing rooms, toilets and any other facility at tennis clubs must be closed to players and visitors (only available to be accessed and used by essential staff on site).
- If clubs choose to make their outdoor courts available, this should be for members only. Please ensure members only play within their bubble, contact tracing is being used and that all the necessary hygiene measures are in place.
- If in doubt please refer to the tennis activity guidelines: https://tennis.kiwi/assets/Files-pdf-word-docs-etc/Covid/Aug-2021/Tennis-Activity-During-Covid-19-Alert-Level-Guidelines-10-9-21.pdf
Tennis Auckland will continue to provide regular updates as more information comes to hand and our region progresses towards Alert Level 2.
In the meantime please take care of each other and stay safe.